- Appearance: Pale ivory, with blue veins of mold
- Texture: Rich, creamy, and slightly crumbly
- Taste: Sweet cream, pear, and blackberry, with a pronounced “blue” flavor
- Delicious when paired with dried pears and honey on a crumbly cornmeal cookie. Its powerful flavors also make this cheese an excellent one for crumbling on a salad or grilled vegetables.
- The bold, savory notes in this cheese complement wines with a touch of sweetness, such as a Late Harvest Syrah or Port Wine.
Crater Lake Blue
The blue depths of the national treasure for which this cheese is named are reflected in its complex, vibrant, and silky character. Crater Lake is more robust in style than many of our other Blue Cheeses. A favorite of Rogue Valley locals!
Wedge size: approx. 7oz*
Wheel size: approx. 5lb*
*The exact weight of each wedge and wheel varies due to the handmade nature of our product.
- Cave-aged 90 days
- Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth
- Vegetarian-friendly and gluten free
- Made with pasteurized, rBST free cow’s milk
Shelf Life: 180 days
Suggested Storage: Keep refrigerated at 38°– 40° F
Milk type: Certified Organic pasteurized cow’s milk
Rennet: Organic, vegetarian, Kosher, and GMO-free microbial enzyme
Ingredients: Certified Organic pasteurized whole cow milk, salt, enzymes, cheese cultures, Penicillium Roqueforti
- 2019 International Cheese & Dairy Awards: 2nd Place (Organic Cheese – Specialty)
- 2008 American Cheese Society Competition: 3rd place (Blue Cheese)
- 2007 American Cheese Society Competition: 2nd place (Blue Cheese)
- 2007 U.S. Championship Cheese Contest: 1st place (Blue Cheese)
- 2007 World Cheese Awards: 2nd place (Open Class)
- 2007 World Dairy Expo Championship: 3rd place (Blue Cheese)
- 2006 World Cheese Awards: 3rd place (Blue Cheese)
- 2006 National Association for Specialty Food Trade (NASFT) Outstanding Product Line Award
- 2004 American Cheese Society Competition: 1st place (Blue Cheese)
- 2003 World Dairy Expo Championship: 3rd place (Blue Cheese)
- 2003 IMPA Cheese Competition: 2nd place (Open Class)
- 2003 U.S. Championship Cheese Contest: 3rd place (Blue Cheese)